CONVO returns with an elevated 12 course dining experience, 2 rooftops w/Jazz and Salsa and CONVO w/ Grammy winner Juan de Marcos Gonzalez
On Saturday, May 13, 2023, the next installment of CONVO features a culinary adventure utilizing ingredients and recipes which reflect global influences of the African Diaspora combined with Latin Caribbean flavor profiles. These African influences will be highlighted in the dishes and cocktails from Cuba, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and Jamaica. Both our chef and sommelier will share the backstory for each of the 12 courses and drinks that they will curate. The 12 course tasting menu will include one main dish.
Our evening’s conversation will be led by Tomas Algarin former host of Latin Aura (WCLK) and Grammy Award winner Juan De Marcos Gonzalez (founder, musical director, A&R and co-producer of the Buena Vista Social Club session albums, and creator of the Afro-Cuban All Stars). With this iconic musician and other fascinating guests, expect a memorable evening unlike any other.
What to expect:
- 7pm passed hors d’oeuvres and craft cocktails.
- Amazing visuals by Demetrius www.iapretreats.com
- Appetizers and cocktails continue with conversation with Juan De Marcos Gonzales of the Afro Cuban All-Stars.
- 12 course meal continues with dinner, music and wine pairing on the rooftop.
- Salsa follows in Penthouse with MC Lexx. (The Sanctuary and Tongue & Groove)
- Live Latin Jazz on rooftop with the Andre Avelino Quintet.
This unique moment will be very intimate. As such, tickets are limited and we suggest that you purchase advance tickets as soon as possible.